Safety and Hygiene Protocols
Indy Welcomes You Back Safely
From Visit Indy: This spring we asked you to bookmark your Indy trip until it was safe to travel again. We’re confident that time is now, and we’re excited to welcome you back safely and responsibly.
Indy’s promise to you:
Indy’s hospitality community has completed the Hoosier Hospitality Program, in partnership with the Indiana Restaurant & Lodging Association and health officials across the state. When you see this endorsement, you can be certain that the venue is taking all necessary steps to protect their employees and customers and that they are taking a leadership role in protecting their community. In effort to keep Indy’s reopening stages safely progressing, the city has mandated that residents and visitors are required to wear masks in any indoor space or outdoor space. The masks can be removed while eating at a restaurant. The mask order excludes children under the age of 3, as well as anyone with a medical condition that prevents the use of a mask. More information can be found here.
Event Safety & Hygiene Protocol
The health and safety for our event attendees, exhibitors and sponsors is of the utmost concern and priority for CLEAN WATERWAYS. In an effort to maintain the health and well-being of all at our events, we are committed to following the U.S. Travel Associations guidelines for business travel. We recognize that all events and venues are different, so we will update all participants on specific safety measures before we go onsite.
We’re working with the JW Marriott Indianapolis and our partners on an enhanced event hygiene protocol—going beyond health and safety “recommendations” to create an environment where you are safe to learn and connect with one another.
- High trafﬁc areas (such as handrails, escalators, door knobs, elevator buttons, etc.) will be disinfected by the venue staff every two hours.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout the event.
- Masks are required (Indy has mandated masks in any indoor or outdoor space – read more here) and will be provided for any attendee who needs one.
- Physical distancing stickers and signage available for attendees and exhibitors.
- Larger aisles and one-way aisles will be implemented on our exhibit floor.
- Conference sessions will be set to allow for proper physical distancing.
- Food and beverage services will be provided in a minimal contact way (i.e. no buffets, pre-packaged food is preferred and catering staff will be masked and gloved).
CLEAN WATERWAYS will still take place at the original venue, the JW Marriott in Indianapolis, IN. Indy welcomes us with fast cars, a growing culinary and brewing scene and great hospitality.
JW Marriott Indianapolis
10 S West St.
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Marriott Cleanliness Council’s Commitment to Clean
StayConfident Cleaning Program
To the top
Book Your Room
The CLEAN WATERWAYS team in partnership with the JW Marriott Indianapolis have reduced our original room rates by $50 per night in order to help alleviate your costs of attending. We understand that many of our attendees are still uncertain about solidifying their plans this far in the future, but any reservations made within our official hotel block are secured under a flexible cancelation policy – You may cancel your reservation up to 48 hours prior to your scheduled arrival date with no charge or penalty.
NEW $179/night: Book a standard hotel room online
$128/night: Book a government rate room online
All prior hotel reservations that were made over the original April dates have already been cancelled. Each individual guest must make a new reservation by booking through the links above. All reservations must be accompanied by a first night room deposit or guaranteed with a major credit card. Check-in time is 3:00 PM on the day of arrival and check-out time is 11:00 AM on the day of departure. Please contact Ashlyn Geoffrey at email@example.com with any questions.
You may cancel your reservation for no charge until 48 hours prior to your scheduled arrival date. After 48 hours a one night’s room and tax of your stay will be charged.
**BEWARE OF MISLEADING ADVERTISING OFFERS THAT CLAIM TO PROVIDE ACCESS TO THE CLEAN WATERWAYS HOTEL BLOCK**
We have been made aware that certain companies are targeting CLEAN WATERWAYS exhibitors and attendees to secure hotel rooms through them. We do not have an official housing partner and all legitimate housing updates will come directly from the CLEAN WATERWAYS team. These third-party companies are attempting to contact our customers claiming to provide official accommodations but they are not affiliated with the brand and we cannot guarantee their legitimacy. The only way to ensure you are booking rooms in our official hotel blocks is to book directly from the links and/or phone numbers listed on our website.
Onsite and Offsite Parking
Self-parking, fee: $47 daily
Self-parking is located off of Washington St past the Courtyard and SpringHill Suites hotels – 2nd entrance off of Maryland St.
Valet parking, fee: $52 daily
For additional parking options outside of the JW Marriott, check out other lots within walking distance or Downtown Indy’s Official Parking Guide.
To the top
Traveling to and around Indianapolis is easy, convenient and affordable. Known as the Crossroads of America, Indy is within a day’s drive of over half of the country’s population. For those arriving by air, the LEED-certified Indianapolis International Airport is a short, low-traffic 15 minutes from downtown.
Indianapolis International Airport
Indy is home to the #1 Airport in North America for eight years in a row, according to Airports Council International and Conde Nast Traveler. Trust us, you can’t hold strong in the #1 slot if cleanliness levels aren’t exceptional. The Indianapolis Airport is taking the following measures to help protect the traveling public and fulfill their Hoosier Hospitality Promise:
- Using a multipurpose cleaner, degreaser, and sanitizer to clean and disinfect every surface from doorknobs to diaper changing stations in public-facing restrooms on an hourly basis. Kivac machines are also utilized daily with a hospital-grade disinfectant.
- Hand sanitizing stations are located throughout the terminal (pre- and post-security and the Ground Transportation Center). More hand sanitizing stations have been added in the public areas.
- In locations where travelers congregate, IND is conducting extra cleaning, including the Civic Plaza food court seating area, visitor seating area, airline gate seating areas, and baggage claim.
For more information, please visit: www.ind.com/covid19
Delta Air Lines is pleased to offer special discounts for CLEAN WATERWAYS attendees. Please click here to book your flights. You may also call Delta Meeting Network® at 1.800.328.1111* Monday–Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. (CT) and refer to Meeting Event Code NMTTD
*Please note there is not a service fee for reservations booked and ticketed via our reservation 800 number.
United Airlines is pleased to offer discounts off published fares for CLEAN WATERWAYS attendees. You may book online at www.united.com and enter your offer code (ZHR8505409) in the Offer Code box when searching for your flights. If booking through a travel professional or United Meetings at 800-426-1122, please give them the following information:
Agreement Code: 505409
Z Code: ZHR8
Outside of the United States, please call your local United Airlines Reservation Office. Experience dependable, first-rate service and earn miles in MileagePlus®, United’s award-winning frequent flyer program. To enroll in MileagePlus®, log on to www.united.com.
To the top
Weather in Indianapolis
Be prepared for the weather forecast during your stay.
>> See the Forecast
The city of Indianapolis moves into its next phase of reopening on July 9th. At that time, bars may offer seating at 50 percent capacity, adhering to social distancing guidelines. Restaurants are able to operate at 75 percent capacity, both indoor and outdoor, which means you’ll be able to dine anywhere from indoors at St. Elmo Steak House to the patio at Gallery Pastry Shop (pictured above).
Shopping malls and retail are open at 100 percent capacity with continued social distancing and face masks required.
Indy attractions reopened on June 19 at 50 percent capacity with social distancing guidelines in place. Please be sure to check individual attraction websites for their re-opening timeline and COVID-19 protocols.
Travel Safety Resources
You should follow the protective steps outlined by the CDC:
- Wash hands often, use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Cough into your elbow and sneeze into a tissue
- Consult with a doctor before traveling when sick
- Stay up to date on vaccinations
- Avoid contact with people who are already sick
- Be aware of the latest travel advisories from the CDC and the U.S. Department of State
- Get a flu vaccine
- Take everyday precautions to stop the spread of germs
- Take flu antivirals if prescribed
To the top